This agreement is between 05creative Ltd and the Client.
Client is contracting 05creative Ltd as a provider of hosting and maintenance services for a period of 12 months, commencing from the date stated in the corresponding hosting and maintenance invoice which will be sent directly to the Client. Payment of this invoice will be deemed as acceptance of the terms of this agreement.
Services not considered standard “hosting and maintenance services” are subject to be charged at a standard hourly rate of £90 + VAT and will not be considered part of this agreement. 05creative Ltd will advise Client if any work falls within these bounds before any costs are incurred.
What IS included in this Agreement
Hosting and maintenance services, as outlined below:
- Website hosting on a secure server to allow your website to be accessible online (includes one-off migration of an existing website). The hosting is tailored for either WordPress or Craft CMS, depending on your website.
- Guaranteed response to hosting and maintenance service issues (see Deadlines and Deliverables).
- Monitoring of website functionality across the latest, stable releases of all major browsers and platforms.
- Regular backups of your website so that it may be fully restored (to the previous backup).
- Website maintenance.
This includes keeping the platform, theme, and plugins up-to-date. These updates often address security and stability issues as well as sometimes adding new features and better performance. These updates are undertaken on staging websites (a copy of your website) to ensure they are working as expected before being updated on your live website. A notification is then sent to the Client informing them and encouraging them to check the website is working as expected too. It is the Client’s responsibility to raise any issues observed with 05creative Ltd.
- Malware protection and repair. If the site is ever compromised by malware (typically used to send spam email or redirect traffic from your website to harmful websites) we will remove it, repair and restore the website.
- SSL certificate to enable the website to be delivered over (https://_) for heightened security, GDPR compliance and to adhere to Google’s recommendations.
- Liaison with other parties related to website hosting, if needed we will undertake all necessary communication.
What is NOT included in this Agreement
This agreement does not include:
- Any hosting and maintenance services for websites other than the website stated in the corresponding invoice.
- Domain name registration, renewals and payments.
- Management of DNS records for relevant domain.
- Email hosting (we recommend using professional email providers such as Google G‑Suite or Office 365).
- SEO support or services.
- Management and uploading of website content, such as pages, blog posts, text copy or images.
- Client training on how to use the CMS (other than initial training provided when the website is launched, if agreed).
- Website issues caused by Client development. Examples of this would be if issues started occurring with the website as the result of the Client installing and using a new plugin, or adding pages or content to the site.
Client agrees to pay 05creative Ltd the amount stated in the corresponding invoice. All payments are due upon receipt.
Deadlines & Deliverables
05creative Ltd will endeavour to respond via email to all maintenance requests from Client within 24 hours on weekdays with a confirmation that the request was received as well as an estimated completion date. Maintenance requests received after 5:00 pm GMT on weekdays may not be completed until the next business day unless prior arrangements have been made.
As well as contacting your main point of contact at 05creative Ltd please also cc. email@example.com to ensure your email is seen as soon as possible. 05creative Ltd will make all reasonable efforts to adhere to all quoted deadlines for the deliverables in the Client’s maintenance requests. In the event that 05creative Ltd has any issues in delivering on a quoted deadline, Client will be notified via email the reasoning for any change.
Any website revisions, additions, or re-design the Client requests 05creative Ltd to perform that is not specified in this document shall be considered “additional” and will require a separate agreement and payment. 05creative Ltd shall advise Client on any requested work that falls within these bounds.
Client hereby authorises 05creative Ltd to access any relevant account(s) relating to the hosting of their website.
The Client may cancel or choose not to renew this Agreement at any time by providing written notice to 05creative Ltd. within five business days of such cancellation, Client will be responsible for securing their own website hosting account and technical support provider, as 05creative Ltd will no longer provide these services. Any fees billed to and/or paid for by the Client up until the point of cancellation are non-refundable and will not be reimbursed by 05creative Ltd to the Client.
05creative Ltd may cancel or choose not to renew this Agreement at any time by providing 30 days written notice to Client. In the event of cancellation or non-renewal by the provider, 05creative Ltd will provide a pro-rated refund for unused services and all files necessary to migrate the website to another host.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom applicable therein.
Acceptance of this Website Maintenance & Hosting Services Agreement
Payment of the corresponding maintenance & hosting invoice will be deemed as acceptance of the terms of this agreement.